Monday, January 19, 2009

GREEK DRAMA QUIZ--helpful hints


The quiz on Tuesday is a reading comprehension quiz, so as long as you have read and taken notes over the assigned introductory pages, you should be ready to go.

QUESTIONS 1-10 are mulitple choice questions that cover information in the introductory pages; I talked about some of the important information as we read last week.

QUESTIONS 11-23 are matching. You will be asked to match the term with the definition.

As I said in class, you are responsible for all the highlighted terms, including the following:

chorus, skene, deus ex machina, prologue, parados, episodia, stasimon, exodus, hamartia, hubris, catharsis, reversal, and dramatic irony (these are the terms on the quiz)

QUESTIONS 24 AND 25 are True/ False covering the general information in these pages.

Make sure to study! It's a 25 point quiz.

Also, tomorrow we shoot Act I. I haven't heard from anyone yet regarding crowns, etc. I'm assuming you all got what you needed. If not, please let me know. Again, thanks for all of your hard work. I was so impressed with those who presented their work last Thursday. You were great!

Post any questions (Hamlet, Greek Drama, or "other") here. See you Tuesday.

2 comments:

Sarah L said...

Mrs. Harl, do you by chance have a broom or something at school we could use?...that way we wouldn't have to worry about bringing a "spear-like object" in to school or fitting it in our lockers or anything, haha.
I'll run to Burger King to get two crowns, but if anyone has a better idea, feel free to use that instead.

Unknown said...

Anything you bring can be put in my room and left there, so you shouldn't have to worry about putting anything in a locker.