Friday, January 30, 2009

WOW! WHAT A WEEK!


Here's my family enjoying the winter weather. I, of course, was relegated to watching. People who are 6 1/2 months pregnant are not allowed to sled!!!!!



I hope that you are all staying warm! What a crazy week! I'm sure at least some of you lost power during the week. We lost ours on Tuesday night and it came back on Thursday night. Phone and internet were not back on until today (Friday).

I hope everyone was able to make the most of the time off. I know we enjoyed it, although not having power is not a lot of fun.

Regarding our class........We will still have the timed writings on Tuesday, and Act III performers will walk through Hamlet since we shoot again on Thursday. We will begin Oedipus when we can. I had planned to get about half of it read last Friday, but Mother Nature decided differently.

I have enjoyed reading the comments from those of you who have completed the required posts over the timed writing material. If you haven't, you'll need to BY TUESDAY, assuming something doesn't go crazy with the weather again. Those of you who do not have power or internet access, should make sure to find time Monday at school to do your post. YOU ARE WELCOME TO USE THE EXTRA COMPUTER IN MY ROOM AT ANY TIME DURING THE DAY. Each post is worth 5 points (20 points total), so be sure to complete it.

If anyone has any stories from the week to share (loss of power, other calamaties, or fun things you did on your time off), I'd love to hear how your week went. I'm sure others would enjoy your stories as well. Post here with tales from the frozen week or if you have any other questions.

Hopefully, I'll see you on Tuesday of next week!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I just want to say that we are among the lucky few who are still without power. It got down to 38 degrees in our house before we finally got a generator! And because we're on well water, we have to drive to my grandma's house for showers. It's so inconvienent! However, the sledding has helped pass the time. :]

Unknown said...

Wow!!!! My sympathies Lauren. We were without for a couple of days, and insanity was already starting to set in. I can't imagine still being without. Hang in there!